Hi!
As all good blogs should begin, I begin mine with and explanation on why I'm here. My name is Natz. I'm a 25 year old math and science teacher in Puerto Rico. I've had blogs before on my personal life and my adventures, but this new blog is dedicated to a very heavy passion of mine, which is crafting.
Paper, sewing, building, remodeling, gardening... You name them, I love them all. The thrill of making something with your hands is a sensation everyone should experience. All people from children to elderly people can benefit from crafting. Also, we owe it to our planet to live recycling and up cycling. I have believed that since I was a highschool student, and I strive to make myself and my surroundings better everyday.
But there is one MAJOR thing against me...
I live in this dreaded island in the middle of the Caribbean called Puerto Rico.
To make the long explanation short, puertoricans are not prone to share my mindset. They hardly craft and they see the hobby as useless and unprofitable which has one unbearable consequence for me: I don't have the resources to craft/sew/build as I would love to. There are hardly no specialty stores and those that exist wanna charge a boatload of money for something you would regularly buy and not spend much.
So, I'd like this blog to be a place in which people that craft in Puerto Rico come to share our tricks and secrets about crafting and for those that are not interested in the hobby to see how much of a beautiful experience it is.
For now, that is all.
Thank you for reading.
Natz
No comments:
Post a Comment