I wanted to share today a very nice resource I found while reading other crafting/sewing blogs. Its called SewSet and its sorta like a Pinterest for sewing patterns and tutorials. I already found a few gems for free, so if you're into sewing you must definitively come take a look.
Also, today I'd like to share a very cool blog about refashioning items. Its called ReFashionista and it's about a young lady called Jillian who refashions one piece of clothing daily.
When I found this blog, I felt a bittersweet sensation because most of the pieces she refashions are from thrift stores, and as you puertorrican readers must know, we don't have a lot thrift stores in the island (at least that I know of).
There is only one thrift store I know of and it is inside the San Patricio mall in Guaynabo. Its new, and the selection is not that great because its fairly small. I DO know that the Salvation Army in the island picks up donations and has a center in which they process a lot of the stuff they get, but what do they do after they're done with it is just a mystery to me.
I just think the "buying used things" concept in this island is not popular and people just don't see it as a lucrative business. So we're just left with the flea markets and even those sell new but cheap merchandise. I'd like to think those are going to be around for a while, but in the years I've spent in the island, they have decreased in number.
Anyhow, if any of you know about a good thrift store in the island or a nice flea market or "pulgero" as we call them, PLEASE let me know. I'll be forever in debt.
Thanks for reading.
Natz.
No comments:
Post a Comment